When the storms started blowing through on Wednesday night that's just what I said "Holy Smokes". We got home from Church Wedenesday night and thought it would just be raining and a little windy. Both cars were outside because the kids and I had been playing in the garage earlier that day. Right after putting the kids to bed, the hail started. Oh my soul it was loud and scary. We raised the garage and couldn't believe the amount of hail on the ground already. Josh and I ran around like maniacs trying to make room for the van in the garage. My super star hubs ran out in that insane hail and pulled the van in.
 |
| first batch of hail | | |
|
Looking back I told Josh we should have left the van outside, then we could have got a new Honda Odyssey ;). I know, I know that's so terrible, and Josh says it's insurance fraud. Anyway, we grabbed the kids out of their beds and ran down to the basement. Our power had just gone out so we weren't sure what was going on with the storm. After a few minutes it let up and the power came back on. On and off for hours tornado warnings kept scrolling across the t.v.screen and the hail and winds were crazy. We ended up with damage to mostly Josh's car and a few dings on mine, a leak in our bedroom and some damage to the roof.
 |
| ceiling in bedroom |
 |
| collecting water from the bedroom ceiling |
We haven't had anyone out to look at the damage yet so hopefully there's nothing else. Not nearly as bad as so many others. We are thankful for the Lords protection. We can't imagine the hurt and devastation those in Alabama are experiencing. We have added them to our prayer list right next to Japan.
No comments:
Post a Comment