Saturday, May 14, 2011

Again????

We're getting to know our local Children's Hospital well. Last month it was Carson who we had to take and Tuesday it was Chloe who had to go.  About lunch time I was beginning to worry she was getting dehydrated. We spent 2 days in the hospital with Carson when he was 15mths for dehydration so I kind of knew the signs. She was throwing up ALL day long, and hadn't gone "pee pee on the potty" in over 15 hours. When she wasn't crying tears and would collapse in my arms when I picked her up. I called the Pediatrician back for the 2nd time that day and they said to take her straight to the ER. There they gave her some Zofran and put her on an IV.

I have to say I have the toughest and bravest kids. Chloe didn't flinch or cry one tear when they put the IV in, drew blood, or squirm during another test that I won't gross you out with the details of. Her blood pressure was low and her "levels" were low, but all other labs came back ok and she really just had your average stomach bug. She gets the stomach bug 2-3 times a year. Poor baby girl just couldn't keep anything down this time.  I don't know if it's the severity of the state my kids have been in when we take them to the ER, or maybe we've timed it just right each time. Either way, I am always shocked at how quickly we are taken care of.We weren't at the ER 15 minutes and she was through triage, in a room, seen by a DR. and hooked up to an IV. Pretty impressive! Again so glad we live so close to such an awesome hospital. Hopefully, we won't be visiting again anytime soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment