After much deliberation over the last 3 years of living here in Knoxville I've decided that Spring is my favorite season. Not sure if it's because of all the beautiful colors and the warmer air. Or because I hate winter so much and it's a wonderful thing to be able to wear flip flops again :). Either way we've loved being able to play outside and spend a lot of our free time out in the front yard. I have big plans to plant a fruit and vegetable garden, but so far there still just plans :). I hope to get around to it sometime soon.

Last week my Sister in Law Charity and I made these "I Love Ethiopia" shirts for the kids. I love how they turned out and they love wearing them. Here's a few other pictures of how we've been spending our time the last few weeks...
 |
| Chloe playing dress up in Claire's. She called these her Grandma glasses |
 |
| Carson dressed up as Bee in his Preschool's Spring Parade |
 |
| Carson and the little boy I watch Camden. Carson loves getting to play big brother to him a few days a week |
We had a wonderful Easter weekend. Josh' s Grandmother flew in from Florida, and 11 of us spent the night down at Josh's parents house on Saturday. Saturday nights activities include a stuff yourself till your sick dinner by Karen, playing out in the yard, dying Easter Eggs, and then getting the kids Easter baskets ready. It was a super fun time.
 |
| Waiting patiently to die their eggs |
 |
| Getting ready to fill the kiddies Easter Baskets |
We enjoyed a great time of worship Sunday morning at First Baptist Athens. Josh played in their orchestra and Carson and I sat out in the congregation with Memaw. I have to admit that it was nice to sit and worship with my boy. It's rare that I get sit out in the congregation and not in a choir loft and especially nice to get to sit with Carson.
 |
| Memaw and all her Great Grandkids |
After Church we stuffed ourselves again with Karen's home cooking and then the kids hunted for eggs out in the yard. We decided to stay an extra night at Tim and Karen's so we could play and hang out some more with Memaw.All in all in was a great weekend!
 |
| Swinging in the back yard with my girl |
 |
| Carson playing with his new Easter Croquet set :) |
 |
| Tim and Memaw enjoying a beautiful walk at the River |
I just LOVE the way you are raising your kids. The Lord is being honored in your home and it is a blessing to see. Love you, friend.
ReplyDelete