Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Huge Success

Trying to cram all the donations in the Garage
We had a Garage Sale on Saturday April 16,and it was a HUGE success.We thought a Garage Sale would be a great way to raise some funds for our adoption.We spent several days driving around picking up family and friends donations. I spent whatever time I could find sorting through and setting everything on tables. Needless to say we had a ton of stuff. Charity, Josh's sister came over to help the day of the sale and she was a great extra set of hands. The weather wasn't exactly on our side, it never rained, but it was VERY windy. We set up a Josh's large State Farm tent, but after several times of the three of us hanging ourselves from it trying to keep it from blowing away we decided to take it down :). The weather didn't keep the "Garage Salers" from coming and we closed out the day with a wopping $913.08.



Earlier that week I told Josh I was asking the Lord to help us raise $1000. Josh thought that was way too high so I said $500 would even be great, but in my heart I was still focused on $1000. I'm sure that's a lot for a Garage Sale, but our God is Greater and I knew He could do it. We still have quite a lot of stuff left over so in a few more weeks we're going to open the Garage back up and sell what ever else we can. I think we will go well over the $1000 goal. Thank you for your prayers surrounding that day. The Lord kept the rain away and brought lots of buyers out. We are super super grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment