Monday, August 29, 2011

Finish Dossier ...Check!

Making copies at Josh's office. Used an entire ream of paper, that's 500 copies
The finished copies!
Well, we finished our Dossier last Tuesday August 23, 2011. We dropped it off at Bethany, our Adoption Agency and they were going to send it off to their headquarters the next day. It will take them a few weeks to review it at their headquarters and then they will send it off to Ethiopia. So now we just wait! It's weird to wait not having any kind of date or time frame in mind. We could wait 2 months or 12 months, only the Lord knows and I'm thankful it's all in His hands :). I keep thinking there must be some other piece of paper we have to have notarized, or signed or faxed. Can't believe we are already done with that whole part.

In a neat little devotion I was doing the other day on Adoption it talked about not putting your life on hold while you wait. You could be on hold for a LONG time! We need to keep giving, serving, and praying, praying, praying! The last few weeks I've been feeling drawn to go serve in Haiti some how, Josh is feeling a tug on his heart for Brazil and we of course pray daily for Ethiopia. Or what if we went on a mission trip to Africa before we even went there to pick up our kids. Just last week our Pastor prayed these exact words, "maybe you're feeling lead to serve on a mission trip to Haiti, Brazil or Ethiopia". Ummmm I'm pretty sure Pastor Hollie must have been sitting in our home listening to our conversations the last few weeks. Awesome! So while we wait to pick up ours in Ethiopia, we're praying about the Lord using us in missions in maybe Haiti or Brazil. In my flesh I think how could we possibly drop a couple thousand dollars on a mission trip when we need to be saving every penny for our adoption costs. All I know is the Lord will make it very clear and we're just waiting on Him to tell us. Exciting times!

3 comments:

  1. This is so exciting Michelle! I love how God works in our hearts and then confirms that call through someone else's words. I've actually been experiencing this myself (in a different area)! I love to watch how He puts all the puzzle pieces together! I'm so excited for you all with your adoption and I will continue praying for this little child and your sweet family as you all wait together on the Lord & His timing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO exciting!! I completely understand about the back and forth about the money we spend on all the other things besides our adoption. I will be going to Mexico City in Oct and I know God is in it, so I can't worry about that $ coming from the adoption. He will provide the way in all areas. He just tells us to "go"! :) I will be praying for you guys as you wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.fbchomes.org/missiontrips/Haiti/index.asp?code=HA-NOV-05-2011

    The Orphan's Heart has pretty reasonably priced trips. Here's one to look at. And, maybe not these dates exactly but maybe in the future. I want to go back to Guatemala, but if you want to go to Haiti with FBCH let me know and maybe I would join you. :)

    ReplyDelete