Friday, June 17, 2011

Special Date with my little Man



Carson and I rarely get time alone together. Even when its the 4 of us, Josh usually takes Carson and I have Chloe. I'm not really sure how that happens it just kind of does. Tonight Carson and I went to Dinner, a show ( FBC Concord's VBS musical) and had dessert at a make your own ice cream place. We really had the sweetest time. If you haven't heard me say it before, Carson is one of the most tender hearted and thoughtful little boys. I'm sure when he's older he won't want me saying that, but as a Mom it's one of my favorite things about him.

At dinner we talked about Paul and how he was in jail for so long, but still praised Jesus. We talked about what it means to ask Jesus into your heart and make Him Lord of your life. He wasn't sure if he wanted to yet. He's still trying to understand what that really means. It's hard to know when your child is ready and fully comprehends the decision that their making. I know the Lord will make it all clear in His perfect timing,

We also talked about what a date was and how he should treat a lady when he takes her on one. I mentioned how you should open all doors for her, that you should bring her flowers and tell her how nice she looks. At then end of the date you should walk her to the door and tell her what a nice time you had. And then give her a nice hand shake, not not really I didn't say that. We'll save the end of the night stuff for a later day. This one was all G rated ;)  For the rest of our time he opened my car door, an attempted to open every door we walked into. On the way home our conversation went like this
Carson: Mommy when I'm older, like 16 and I can drive I'm going to take YOU on a date
Michele: Oh I would love that, what do you think we will we do?
Carson: Something REALLY fun, like go get ice cream and then I'll take you to Chucky Cheese.But we'll have to bring a map like the one on the wall in our play room so I will know where to go.
here's the map he was talking about, hope he's got a big car :)

I know that day will be here WAY to soon. Who knows if he'll still want to take his Mommy on a date when he's 16. For now I'll just soak up every minute I get with him. Love my boy!

1 comment:

  1. I love how intentional you are with your children. So precious!

    ReplyDelete