I don't know about you but sometimes I have days where I'm just discouraged and can't get out of the "pit". I've been reading Beth Moore's "Get out of that Pit". I'm not sure that I have one particular pit that I'm deep in, but I do feel like I'm stuck in several small holes :). Satan loves to get me down by telling me all kinds of lies. Sometimes I struggle as a Mom of 2 and wonder how I will ever do as a Mom of 3 or 4. Any why is it so hard to be quick to listen and slow to anger, James 1:19. Seems like on the days your the most tired or worn, the kids are at their well, not best :) Not that their isn't enough to do in a day as a stay at home Mom, but I feel at a constant battle to not let the world consume our children and their desires. Will my kids look completely spoiled when we bring our children home from Ethiopia and they see all Carson and Chloe have and how they treat it and always want more.
Sometimes I just need an actual visible reminder that what the Lord has called us to is really what He called us too, that we weren't just making it up. Life likes to throw all kinds of wrenches in our plans to try and throw us off course. As the kids and I sat in a movie this morning with some friends, Chloe sat on my lap while my friends little boy sat on hers. It was close to the end of the movie, it was getting a little scary and they were getting a little tired of sitting still. Chloe reached over and grabbed this little boys hand. Her little white hand held his little black hand and it was the precious reminder that I've been praying for. They sat there like that for a while and it was so so sweet! Right in that moment I was reminded of this verse " Psalm 40:5 Many, O LORD my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare. I am thankful that I have a Father who hears my prayers and knows me and the desires of my heart. That when I am weak he is so strong and that His grace is always sufficient.
I love you and you are an AWESOME, AWESOME Mommy! My niece and newphew- and future nieces and nephews are already blessed and they don't even know it yet. Keep it up Michelle!
ReplyDeleteMy favorite quote: "It's not what you do as a parent, but WHO YOU ARE as a parent that really matters." And since you are daughter to the King, He will only lavish you with the best even on your lowest days :-) You are a terrific mommy! Excited for you guys!
ReplyDeletemichelle, I totally understand. I feel the same way. I have days that I really question how I will ever be able to manage 3 or more children when it seems so hard to manage 2! I know that if we rely on God's power as soon as we rise in the morning that we can do it!!! love you!
ReplyDelete