Monday, June 15, 2009

Shout with Joy to the Lord, all the Earth

Your pictures and fotos in a slideshow on MySpace, eBay, Facebook or your website!view all pictures of this slideshow




Both Josh and I keep meaning to get on here and write, but it keeps slipping our minds. We have lots we want to share about what the Lord is doing in our family. I hate to write on forever and I know most of you just want to see pictures of the kids :). So I'll just keep this brief, I hope!

Josh will open up his State Farm agency on July 1. He has been very busy getting everything ready to go. We are very excited for the opening day, but the kids and I know our time with him will be limited once the doors open. He'll be working long hours trying to make his first few months really great ones. We know this will only be temporary and it's a small sacrifice to make now for flexibility in the future. Needless to say we're taking advantage of all the quality time we can get in now.

We are in the process of purchasing a house. It's only 4 doors down from the house we are currently renting. We love our neighborhood and the area we live in so when this house went on the market we were very excited. The homes in our neighborhood are a bit out of our price range. However, we came to find out that this house is a foreclosed on home. Sooo after a lot of back and forth with the bank we have a contract and plan to close on July 27. Woo Hoo! The home does need some work but it's exactly the floor plan we were looking for, in the perfect neighborhood, and perfect location. Fortunately we know a few people who can help us out in fixing it up ( aka, my Dad and Brother)!

The kids and I just finished up a busy week at VBS. I led music for 40, 3 and 4 year olds. I gotta say that wore me out. I have a much greater appreciation now for what teachers do everyday. I also realized that I am out of shape and need to get back to working out. I could hardly make it through singing a song with the motions before getting out of breath. Terrible :)! Carson and Chloe also had a great time in their classes. They came home at the end of the week with some really precious crafts they had worked on. What I most appreciated about VBS was Carson's new knowledge and understanding of many Bible Stories. He loves to tell me about Daniel in the Lions den, Johnathan and his friends, and Zacheous. I feel like he is beginning to really have an undestanding about the Bible and Jesus. Carson has a super memory and Josh and I have been working on memory verses with him for the last 6 or 9 months. He can recite about 10 different verses. Some as long as Psalm 100. We started to wonder if maybe we started verse memorization too early, considering he can't really comprehend most of what he is saying. However, just the other day we were getting out of the car to run into Target, he was very anxious to get and inside and get his cookie from the bakery :). I said to him "Carson you need to wait just one minute and be patient". He said back to me, "yes Mommy I need to be patient because the Bible says Love is patient". That of course melted my heart!

We are really loving Knoxville! The weather has been great, and we are really enjoying time spent with new friends and our family up here. Hopefully the next time I write we will be close to closing on our new house. Liked to say it will be sooner then that, but just being realistic :)

No comments:

Post a Comment