Sunday, April 19, 2009

Missing my Grandpa



My Grandpa Fink went to be with Jesus on Good Friday. He was a awesome man who loved his family and Ministered to many Men through Alcoholics Anonymous. I have always been proud of my Grandpa and the work he has done through AA. However,after being at his funeral and seeing how many people stood up and spoke about him and how he had saved one of their loved ones. I couldn't help but smile and cry all at the same time. I am so thankful that Carson and Chloe were able to meet him. I am thankful for wonderful pictures and memories we will be able to share with them about their Great Grandpa Erv as they like to call him.
Some punks broke into my Grandma's house while we were all at the funeral. It was awful as I'm sure you can imagine. She however is such a strong woman. She is "praying for her enemies" that broke into her home. What a great attitude! Pray for her as she adjusts to life as a widow.
We have enjoyed time with all our family. One good thing about funerals is you get to see and catch up with many family members you don't get to see very often. The kids and I will be down in FL the next few weeks. We love time with the Grandparents! We will really be missing Josh though!

1 comment:

  1. Michele, sorry about your Grandpa. What wonderful and special memories you have of him, however.
    What a wonderful treat to have you and Joshua bring Carson and Chloe up to my keyboard this morning at church at FBCO! Thanks for making that effort--made my day. Such cuties and growing so big.
    Glad life in TN is treating you well, though you all are missed here in Oviedo.

    God's richest blessings on your family!

    ReplyDelete